The Canmore Summer Theatre Festival (CSTF) is seeking a stage manager for our production of Twelfth Night as part of our upcoming 2021 festival. The stage manager will work with the director and artistic team to ensure that CSTF rehearsals and performances run smoothly.
This year, the CSTF team are proud to present William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night and Minotaur by Kevin Dyer. Covid rules permitting performances will take place outdoors at the Stan Rogers Stage in Centennial Park, Canmore from August 11 to 22, 2021. If in-person performances are not possible our backup plan is to film the productions outdoors in small groups.
The CSTF pairs working theatre artists with local volunteers and provides mentorship opportunities. Travelling to Canmore will be required throughout the term of the contract. This is a paid position and we have a budget of $2000 to compensate the successful candidate.
We encourage submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Duties and Responsibilities
- schedule and run rehearsals
- communicate the director’s wishes to designers
- mark out the dimensions of the set on the floor of the rehearsal hall
- make sure rehearsal props and furnishings are available for the actors
- attend all rehearsals
- notify the designers of changes made in rehearsal
- complete and circulate rehearsal reports
- complete and circulate show reports
- coordinate the work of the stage crew
- call cues and possibly actors’ entrances during performance
- oversee the entire show each time it is performed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and delegation skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- First Read and design presentation – May 9
- Rehearsals – Sundays 10-6pm and Thursdays 6-9pm
- Twelfth Night performances – August 11-21 (no performances on August 16 and 17)
Please submit applications to email@example.com. Please submit a resume, a references document, and a cover letter outlining your theatre experience and how you would be an asset to the festival. The application deadline is midnight Mountain Time on April 30, 2021.
For more information on the CSTF please visit our YouTube channel https://youtu.be/HL6SVRE5Uw8