The Playwrights Guild of Canada is a national arts service organization serving playwrights across the country. PGC’s services are run by a 6-person administrative team, with an office located at 450 Broadview Ave, Toronto. The organization offers professional development programming, connections with producers, contract leadership, awards program, conferences, script sales and advocacy.
The Program Director will work closely with the PGC team and report to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of the Tom Hendry Awards:
- Intake of submissions
- Jury facilitation
- Arranging and overseeing meetings
- Timeline management
- Event planning
- Sponsorship Stewardship for the Tom Hendry Awards
- Annual Auction
- Coordination of the PlayConnect program:
- Liaison with playwrights
- Liaison with host organizations
- Intake and approval of requests based on allocation of annual resources
- Expense reporting
- Contribution to PGC programming:
- Conference(s) as appropriate
- Playwright & theatre events
- Participation in ArtsVest program
- Data tracking and reporting
- Report preparation
- Organizational effectiveness
The Program Officer will be required to work with database systems, spreadsheets, word processing, email, cloud files, financial documentation. There is a great deal of correspondence and representation of Playwrights Guild of Canada with internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of training and experience in administration, project management, logistics, customer service, organizational stewardship and teamwork.
- 1 year term, start date approx. May 10, 2021
- Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Salary range $35,000-40,000
- Remote work at present due to Covid-19
- Hybrid working arrangement (remote/office)
- It is important that applicants have access to reliable internet
Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume no later than April 30, 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Program Director Term Position”
PGC values pluralism, safety, openness and integrity. We encourages applications from all qualified candidates, and values diverse backgrounds, experience and viewpoints. Applicants wishing to self-identify may do so in their application. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, candidates will be welcomed. Please contact the PGC Executive Director for assistance, by email: email@example.com or by leaving a message at 416-703-0201.
*Note: This position is open to both members and non-members of PGC.