This Friday is the deadline for Edmonton artists to submit for RISER in collaboration with Common Ground Arts Society (CGAS) and Why Not Theatre! Four selected projects will receive production support, mentorship, and assistance from our Senior Partners – Edmonton Fringe Theatre, Catalyst Theatre, Citadel Theatre, and Azimuth Theatre – in debuting a new production in 2022.
Tuesday at 6:00pm, join Beth Dart and Mac Brock from CGAS for RISER Edmonton Office Hours. They’ll share more details about RISER and take your questions in advance of Friday’s deadline!
Learn more and sign up for Office Hours: https://forms.gle/TAcC7YC27ULDpWJo8
RISER Edmonton is designed for project-based individual artists or collectives. Prior independent producing experience is an asset, but not a must. There is no specific age range. The terms “emerging” or “emerged” do not apply. We’re interested in collaborating with artists who don’t have administrative infrastructure or consistent access to production at established venues. In the spirit of this shared resource model, participants in RISER Edmonton must be generous, flexible, collaborative, and curious, as well as willing to share and work in new ways.
RISER will provide selected artists with:
- 3 weeks of rehearsal space;
- Shared Lighting Designer, Production Manager/Technical Director, Publicist, and Technicians, selected and paid for by RISER Edmonton;
- 2-3 eight-hour days of tech time in the performance space (schedule and hours TBD);
- 6-10 public performances in the Backstage Theatre at the ATB Financial Arts Barns over a two-week time frame;
- Box office and Front of House support;
- 100% of net Box Office revenues; and
- Ongoing and project specific mentoring, assistance, and consultation with Common Ground Arts Society and Why Not Theatre artistic and administrative staff in all areas of producing at individual & group meetings.
Applications close April 16. See more details about eligibility and assessment online here: https://commongroundarts.ca/riser/apply/