The Black Arts Development (BAD) Program is centered around cultivating an environment in which our community of Black artists can tell their stories, and allow the African, Caribbean and Black Diaspora culture to thrive and flourish in the theatre sector. Through storytelling and gathering, Black writers and actors will share their lived experiences that would catalyze new works that speak from the African, Caribbean and Black perspective in Calgary. Our ultimate goal is to acclimate and nurture the African Diaspora cache of creative artists.
Why Apply For This Free Program?
The BAD Program was created and designed with Black artists in mind by providing emerging artists the tools and practical knowledge to take the next step in their artistic journey. The BAD Program has teamed up with award winning professional faculty members for a 6 weeks script writing and actors workshops. The benefits for this FREE program includes:
- Access to professional script writers and actors that will help guide new Black artists
- Successful applicants will be paid for the 6 week development program
- Network with other artist on the same path
- Small class learning
- Practical and applied skills
- Introduction to theatre arts organizations in Calgary
- Collaborative opportunities with other artists and organizations
- Enhance your professional art career