The director of VCPA’s Theatre Arts Department will oversee all aspects of our musical theatre production and acting programs for children and youth. The organized and creative person we are looking for would enjoy teaching private and group musical theatre, voice and acting classes for ages 5- teens and feel qualified to direct and oversee a team responsible for producing two musical theatre productions each year as well as oversee the development and execution of year round programs. VCPA has locations in St. Albert as well as South Edmonton so the director of TAD will be working at both studios.
Duties to include:
- Oversee Theatre Arts Department at VCPA
- Provide private and group instruction in musical theatre, voice and acting
- Direct and organize all aspects of 2 Junior musicals to be presented in May 2022 (in a theatre or live streamed)
- Communicate and provide leadership to instructors in the department
- Communicate with families in Theatre Arts Department
- Contribute to the development of programs
- Provide online lessons if required by AHS
Successful candidate must be available to work evenings and possibly weekends.
This is a full time contract position involving a 40 hour work week.
- Bachelor Degree in Music (Voice), Theatre or Musical Theatre
- Experience teaching children and youth
- Voice teaching experience
- Directing experience
- Good communication skills
- Experience teaching and/or directing children
- Strong organizational skills
Piano or dance/choreography skills is an asset
At Visionary Centre for the Performing Arts, we are committed to creating a positive environment that builds confidence and inspires our students to excel in the performing arts.
Our team members are passionate about performing arts education and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our students. If you have growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Submit applications to Martha Livingstone at email@example.com.