DIY Theatre is expanding! We are in search of an individual to join us as the General Manager of the company. The General Manager will develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Artistic Director of DIY Theatre, as well as the Board of Directors, to whom they will report. General duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide a monthly General Manager report to the Board of Directors at scheduled board meetings.
- Curate, create and manage all marketing materials with the input of Artistic Director.
- Manage day to day business operations including revenue development, budgeting, human resources, financial reporting, supervision/management of marketing, box office and fundraising activities in consultation with Artistic Director.
- 4Working in consultation with grant writer and Artistic Director on grant applications and reports to all public and private partners.
- Work with the Artistic Director within the mandate of the company and its resources to ensure the successful operation of DIY Theatre.
The successful candidate will have a combination of skills including:
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong knowledge of the inner working of a small to mid-sized theatre company.
- Strong communication skills.
- Background in marketing, producing, theatre and production management are assets.
- Photography and video editing skills are an asset.
- Experience working with a non-profit & a Board of Directors is key.
A small honorarium will be provided for this position. For more information, or to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Artistic Director Shelby Reinitz at [email protected] with the subject line of “General Manager”. The deadline to submit is 5pm March 25, 2021.