Theatre; Just Because’s mentorship program aims to give artists hands-on experience in Stage Management. We are looking for aspiring theatre artists of all experience levels. Mentees may be emerging or more experienced artists who want to learn about Stage Management and working in theatre. The TJB mentorship program aims to develop our local artists and the overall theatre community in Wood Buffalo / ᓂᐢᑕᐋᐧᔮᐤ / nistawâyâw .
The selected mentee will be paired with Zachary Barrett, established Stage Manager, throughout the production of Purge in 2021. This is a volunteer position.
During the program, the Mentee will gain:
- An understanding of the management and operational workings of a theatre production
- Leadership and interpersonal management skills
A proficiency with management tools and software required for:
- Script organization and analysis
- Departmental communication
- Cast and Crew tracking and communication
- Show calling and management
The Stage Manager Mentee will:
- Meet with Stage Manager outside rehearsals once a week
- Participate in rehearsals
- Participate in production meetings
- Participate in the technical process
- Participate in performances
- Post-show exit interview
Please note: this is not a job, but a learning opportunity. The amount of involvement of the mentorship will be determined by the mentor. Preference will be given to first-time applicants. Mentees must be at least 16 years old by the start of their mentorship.
Submit your application to [email protected], containing the following:
- Resume outlining your artistic experience (if you have none, please list applicable experiences). Examples of an artistic resume can be found here
- Personal letter introducing yourself and touching on why you are interested in the mentorship program (approximately 500-800 words)
- Contact information
This call closes on Wednesday, March 31st, 2021 at 4 PM. Late submissions will not be considered.
For more information on our mentorship program please email Samson Nand, Company Manager at [email protected].