Downstage is excited to host Creative Stretch Zoom Sessions led by our Artistic Director, Clare Preuss. Each week, we will explore interactive theatre games and mindfulness techniques that support a vibrant creative life!
Classes may include some or all of the following:
gentle stretches, easy improv exercises, guided meditation, collaborative story telling, interactive theatre games, reflective journal prompts, dance party fun!
Please note the following before you register:
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
- You can have one person per registration and per screen.
- You will need access to a computer, reliable internet, Zoom, a journal and a pen
- Once your registration is confirmed, there are no refunds
- Class starts on time. Please arrive on time and ready to begin
- All proceeds from these sessions are part of Downstage’s fundraising activities!
Mondays from March 8 – April 19, 2021*
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Mountain Time
*Please note: There is no session on April 5* .
Class size is limited. Registration is required.
Quotes from a recent- ZOOM session:
- “Surprising and Fun!”
- “I felt like a kid again!”
- “Very well facilitated.”
- “A new experience!”
- “What a great way to let loose at the end of a work week!”
Quotes from our Winter/Spring 2019 – LIVE series:
- “I now love Mondays. I can come in feeling like a ham sandwich and leave feeling like a bumblebee and at the same time totally myself. Creative Stretch is the best.” Participant
- “Fun class!” Monica
- “I love being able to come and move and be my imperfectly human self.” Sarah
- “I look forward to every Monday. It always brings a smile on my face.” Participant
- “A gift. A true gift of creative exploration within 90 minutes.” Angela
- “I am full of positive energy. Thanks for you and all of the members.” Participant
- “This is the absolute best part of my week. I really feel like me here.” Chantelle
Clare Preuss is a multidisciplinary artist who has worked across Canada as well as in Germany, Lebanon, Switzerland, Uganda and the USA. She is a recipient of the Houselighters of the Citadel Theatre Award and has been nominated for the Pauline McGibbon Award, John Hirsch Director Prize, John Hirsch Director Award and twice for the Gina Wilkinson Award. She has appeared on TV and in feature films, including her role as Caroline Kraft in the cult classic, Mean Girls. She loves dogs, plants and dinner parties that turn into dance parties. Clare is a Certified Yoga Instructor and the Artistic Director of Downstage.
downstage.ca | @clarepreuss
Thanks for supporting Downstage!