Thou Art Here Theatre Production
AUDITION CALL FOR THE ROLE OF HAMLET
Hamlet in Isolation
An adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Hamlet
Directed by Sydney Campbell, Desirée Leverenz, & Andrew Ritchie
Rehearsals (part-time): April – June 2021
May 21, 2021
May 28, 2021
June 4, 2021
June 11, 2021
June 18, 2021
June 25, 2021
(*Note each actor will only perform only one of the above dates)
AUDITIONS ON ZOOM: Wednesday March 17 & Friday March 19, 2021 4:00-8:00pm
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 7, 2021
We are looking for six actors to perform the role of Hamlet in 6 one-person shows. The production explores the comparison between Hamlet’s reality of increased social isolation, loss of security, disconnection to friends and family and the real world impact of the ongoing pandemic on us all.
- Each director will cast and direct two actors in the role of Hamlet. Each actor will collaborate with one director to devise their performance based off Hamlet’s iconic monologues.
- Experience devising, collection creation, and improvisation is an asset. All three directors will be in attendance for auditions.
- The production’s rehearsals and performance will all be conducted remotely at the artists’ place of residence. The performances will be shared over a digital platform for audiences.
To submit your interest:
- Email resume and headshot to [email protected]. Write “Hamlet Audition” in the subject line.
- All successful applicants will be given a side and prompt from the script to prepare and devise. No monologues required.
- This production will be a CAEA Collective Artist Policy. Equity and non-equity actors may apply.
- The production pays an honorarium of $750.
- Only Alberta based actors may apply.
- We are not accepting video submission at this time. Only submit your interest if you are able to attend the online audition dates listed above.
Thou Are Here Theatre is committed to inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities.