S U M M E R D R A M A D A Y C A M P 2 0 21
Call for Instructors
The Pumphouse Theatre is now accepting applications for two (2) full-time drama instructor positions for our annual Summer Drama Day Camp.
Drama camp activities include the exploration of acting, improvisation, creative movement, voice, sound, storytelling, and playwriting. The goal of the program is to develop the social interaction and life skills of the young participants through the creative utilization of theatrical techniques. Students are facilitated in developing a production, which is performed on the final day of camp. Pumphouse Theatre believes in drama education that encourages creativity, freedom, and a healthy sense of play in our youth.
The Instructors will work under the guidance of the Programming Director and be responsible for the overall execution and creation of the curriculum. They will also work closely with and lead the Drama Counselors.
Potential candidates must be available from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm Monday to Friday, approximately 40 hours per week, for ten weeks, beginning June 21 and continuing through August 27, 2021.
The successful applicants will:
- Possess the ability to supervise and instruct young people between the ages of 7 – 15 and have had previous experience in this area.
- Have a solid understanding of the creative theatre process through experience and/or education
- Have had at least one term or semester of a Drama/Theatre class and/or Education class
- Display strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- Be committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants
- Experience with working with people with ESL and people with Disabilities is an asset
- Some experience with the creative use/construction of props, costumes and sets is an asset.
- Know how to have fun!
Due to the structure of the Canadian Summer Jobs grants received by the Pumphouse Theatre, applicants must be currently enrolled as post-secondary students and are continuing their education in the Fall of 2021. Pumphouse Theatre is committed to building a culturally diverse environment and encourages applicants from all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
The Pumphouse Theatre will be following all recommended health and safety guidelines in response to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic. All hired summer staff will be required to adhered to these guidelines and will be provided access to related information, training, and supplies, and may need to adapt to potential changing circumstances during their contracted period.
Compensation will range from $18-$20 based on experience. For camp descriptions, please visit the Class and Camp section of our website at www.pumphousetheatre.ca.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to Kelly Malcolm, Programming Director, by mail, fax or e-mail by May 1, 2021. Contact information can be found within our attached information document and our website www.pumphousetheatre.ca. No phone calls, please. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you in advance to all applicants. We look forward to meeting with you!