OffBook Acting studio presents another
Remote Audition Workshop with Vancouver Casting Associate – Clare Filipow!
Feb 28th to March 6th 2021
– Online Format – $125
Clare is visiting us at Offbook Acting studio once again with her expertise and supportive feedback. Past attendees can attest, she is a pleasure to work with and challenges actors to push themselves!
REGISTER NOW! OUR LAST REMOTE AUDITION SESSION WITH CLARE SOLD OUT IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!
**Please note this is an intermediate to advanced level class, resume is required for registration.**
To register please pm on instagram or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
With new Covid safety protocols in the film/tv industry, most roles are cast from Taped Audition ONLY. This presents a great opportunity for actors all across the country, not just the ones in Vancouver and Toronto.
This class is a great way to master your remote taped audition process and technique!
Clare is a professional actor and improviser based in Vancouver who originally hails from Edmonton.
Clare’s experience as a casting assistant with Tiffany Mak Casting gives her a unique coaching perspective specifically tailored to auditioning and self-taping. A selection of projects she has assisted Casting in are Virgin River (Netflix), Motherland (Freeform), The Baby-Sitters Club (Netflix), Are You Afraid of the Dark (Nickelodeon), Project Blue Book (History), and To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You (Netflix).
She also consistently works as an actor in Film & Television, and can be seen in many projects, such as Supernatural (CW), You, Me, Her (Audience), Siren (Freeform), This Is Your Death/The Show (Feature Film), Batwoman (CW), and Psych The Movie: 2 (USA Network) to name a few, as well as multiple made for TV movies.
As someone who is actively working as both an actor and a casting assistant, her coaching techniques offer a blend of artist exploration and booking practicality.
We will be running this as a simulated remote session which you complete from your own home. You will audition as you would if taping for a real project and will use the following format which is spread out over the span of a week.
- You will send in your resume and headshot. Clare will select the Sides/scenes from a database of actual current/past TV auditions
- You will tape the audition at home (or any Covid Safe location) and compile into a submittable format (Vimeo, dropbox, youtube, etc)
- Clare will review your audition with any notes and re-adjustments
- You will re-tape with adjustments and Tila will review again with notes.
- This will be followed with general notes given by Clare on how to improve your acting and audition technique.
Facilitated Steve Dhillon Leo (BC Film) Nominated Film, TV and Theatre actor.
- ACTRA/EQUITY/IASTE 891 Member
- Over 60 Film/TV/Commercial/Theatre projects
- Vancouver International South Asian Film Festival Jury Member
- Edmonton Arts Council Artists Grants Jury Member
- Recent work includes A Million Little Things, Hallmark Martha Vineyard Mysteries, The Flash, iZombie and Local Alberta Production Pipe Nation
- Has served as casting Coordinator and Assistant to Casting Directors Judy Lee, Bim Narine, Kris Woz, Aaron Craven, Clare Filipow and Tila Datta
$125 gst. incl.
REGISTER: Please email us at email@example.com or contact through instagram @offbookactingstudio to register. Follow us on facebook and instagram to stay up to date on workshop, casting and industry info!