Donor & Sponsor Funding Coordinator
Position deadline: March 1, 2021
Trickster Theatre is one of Canada’s largest children’s theatre companies. It produces 40 to 60 week-long artist-in-school residencies per year, creating original stories each week with hundreds of students. The company also provides on-line programming related to storytelling, science and global issues. Trickster Theatre operates throughout Alberta and was founded in 1980.
Trickster’s fund development framework, a plan to develop and grow Trickster’s fundraising and sponsorship over the next three years, has been developed in partnership with ViTreo. Hiring to support and implement this framework is a key success metric to ensuring that this plan is not only implemented but that it also results in raising more funds and diversifying Trickster’s funding overall. Currently the company is on operating funding from 2 levels of government, as well as having consistent project and capital funding from a number of sources.
Implementing Trickster’s fund development framework:
- Developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies to raise Trickster’s profile and awareness outside of its traditional stakeholders, especially with stakeholders who have capacity to donate or sponsor Trickster’s vision, mission, products and plans.
- Working with existing prospective donor and sponsor research to develop donor and sponsor cultivation strategies.
- Developing and researching emerging prospective donors and sponsors.
- Asking for gifts, writing proposals, writing foundation grants, and securing sponsorships from
prospective donors and sponsors.
- Developing Trickster’s case for support and its sponsorship prospectus.
- Working closely with the Producing Director to validate and implement strategy and to jointly participate in key relationship-building activities with prospective donors and sponsors.
- Maintaining a pace of regular activity with prospective donors and sponsors.
- Stewarding and growing relationships with Trickster’s donors and sponsors
Who should apply? Career professionals with:
- Fundraising Experience
- Sales experience or desire
- Marketing experience or desire
- An interest in the importance of the arts to life
- An interest in the importance of performance art to education
This is a part-time position, Mar 2021 – Aug 2021: 0.6 FTE (3 days per week) $30K – $36K p.a. plus fixed bonus. Contract extension is possible.
The company office is in NW Calgary; North of the Tuscany area (not accessible by transit). Most work can be done remotely.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
The position is available immediately; start date to be negotiated.