The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Director of Marketing. We are looking for a creative, organized, self-motivated leader who understands the live experience economy, is passionate about the arts and can confidently build a team and strategy for our recovery and continued growth.
Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, the Director of Marketing will oversee the company’s marketing, digital, traditional and in home channel management, advertising, brand, communications, and public relations campaigns. They will build both traditional and digital marketing strategy, including the management and growth of our social media outreach and marketing. As a member of the Leadership Team, the successful candidate will actively participate in developing and growing a culture that supports a positive and productive work environment and an engaged team, while meeting our commitments to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access. The Director of Marketing is expected to participate in fostering team building, team development and to support the Associate Executive Director and the Executive Director in achieving the Citadel Theatre’s strategic plan objectives.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Planning and implementing marketing strategies to strengthen ticket sales and increase customer retention to achieve a combined subscription and single ticket sales target of approximately $6 million annually.
- Building and managing a team of marketing experts to deliver on the strategy and achieve our marketing and financial goals.
- Designing and executing on a digital marketing strategy including supporting development of web, ecommerce/ticketing platforms, user experience and integrations between web, social and our ticketing platforms to achieve marketing and financial goals.
- Developing, implementing and managing public and media relations strategies to increase public awareness and a positive view of the Citadel Theatre and its programming.
- Planning and implementing communication and marketing strategies for the Foote Theatre School.
- Planning and implementing communication and marketing strategies to promote the success of Sponsorship and Fund Development goals.
- Analyzing sales and market trends and working opportunities into plans in a responsive and proactive manner.
- Working with third party vendors in the execution of marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Developing and managing the department budget.
- Contributing to season and strategic planning.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years marketing, public and media relations experience, including a strong understanding of web-based and social media marketing techniques.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a continually changing, fast-paced environment and work with a diverse group of people, productions, events and situations.
- Knowledge and experience with up-to-date technology to increase patron awareness, drive ticket sales, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries is an asset: arts, entertainment, hospitality, tourism.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets.
- Passionate about inclusive and diverse workplaces.
- Highly visible leader with a proven track record to successfully lead a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building, and the ability to manage through public facing issues and stressors while maintaining a calm and professional approach.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner.
- An enthusiastic attitude of “yes” – dedicated to being a problem solver.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter including their salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until Monday, February 22, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.