Open Top Touring is looking for Character Interpreters to play a 1930’s role for the 2021 Open Top Touring summer season program. Become a member of this exciting acting troupe presenting a historically based tour through the Canadian Rockies. This fun exciting new tour portrays Banff in the 1930’s Western Canada and its evolution in the Wild West. Dressed in authentic 1930’s era costumes, the Character Interpreters will perform a variety of scripts in the heart of the iconic Rocky Mountain town of Banff. Live acting facilitates the opportunity for improvised interactions which completes the tours immersive guest experience. The Character Interpreters will have the use of props, costumes, music and even lingo to get guests involved in this whirlwind tour through the era to current times.
- Drama training and some previous acting experience will be considered and asset
- Excellent verbal communication and public relations skills, and the ability to imaginatively develop and project a character
- Familiarity with historical interpretation is considered an asset.
- Ability to follow a timeline and maintain a schedule
- Sense of humor; quick to smile, laugh and put others at ease
- Driver’s license, class 4 license will be required for this position (we have the ability to assist in this process for the right applicants who have a full class 5 or equivalent)
- Full details will be sent to candidates selected to audition.
- Selected candidates will have to perform a short monologue that will be sent in advance of audition
- Full and Part time positions available
- Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter & resume in confidence, to: email@example.com Or
Deadline to apply is February 29, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an audition will be contacted directly.