OffBook Acting studio presents another Remote Audition Workshop with Acting Consultant, Coach and Casting Associate – Tila Datta!
Feb 7 to Feb 14th 2021 – Online Format
After nearly two years of ongoing training we are presenting another remote audition workshop!
REGISTER NOW!! OUR LAST REMOTE AUDITION SESSION SOLD OUT IN UNDER 12 HOURS!!
With new Covid safety protocols in the film/tv industry, most roles are cast from Taped Audition ONLY. This presents a great opportunity for actors all across the country, not just the ones in Vancouver and Toronto.
This class is a great way to master your remote taped audition process and technique!
Tila has directed auditions sessions, shortlisted and cast roles for such shows as RIVERDALE, THE FLASH, THE GOOD DOCTOR, THE CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA, SUPERGIRL, ZOEY’S EXTRAORDINARY PLAYLIST, and FIREFLY LANE and has extensive experience in casting as an associate working under casting directors Sean Cossey and JJ Ogilvy in Vancouver.
Tila has spent many years working closely with producers, showrunners, various studio and network executives and LA casting directors and has an excellent understanding of the ins and outs television industry in Canada. More recently, she has transitioned from casting into a career as a consultant and coach, working one on one with actors to help perfect auditions and demystify the casting process.
We will be running this a simulated remote session which you complete from your own home. You will audition as you would if taping for a real project and will use the following format which is spread out over the span of a week.
- You will select the Sides/scenes from a database of actual current/past TV auditions
- You will tape the audition at home (or any Covid Safe location) and compile into a submittable format (Vimeo, dropbox, youtube, etc)
- Tila will review your audition with any notes and re-adjustments
- You will re-tape with adjustments and Tila will review again with notes.
- This will be followed with general notes given by Tila on how to up your acting and audition game!
- Facilitated Steve Dhillon Leo (BC Film) Nominated Film, TV and Theatre actor
- ACTRA/EQUITY/IASTE 891 Member Over 60 Film/TV/Commercial/Theatre projects -Vancouver International South Asian Film Festival Jury Member Edmonton Arts Council Artists Grants Jury Member
- Recent work includes A Million Little Things, Hallmark Martha Vineyard Mysteries, The Flash, iZombie, and Local Alberta Production Pipe Nation
- Has served as casting Coordinator and Assistant to Casting Directors Judy Lee, Bim Narine, Kris Woz, Aaron Craven and Clare Filipow.
**Please note: This is an intermediate to advanced class and resume/demo reel is required for registration
$125 gst. incl.
REGISTER: Please email us at email@example.com or contact through instagram @offbookactingstudio to register. Follow us on facebook and instagram to stay up to date on workshop, casting and industry info!