The PACT Business Manager is an important part of a small team working closely together in service of professional theatre across Canada. This role is responsible for ensuring the effective, timely, efficient and cost-effective administration of our organization’s financial and administrative functions in support of our strategic and operational goals. As our Business Manager, you will maintain professionalism in all communications with internal and external stakeholders and ensure confidentiality in all of your interactions with staff, Directors, and members. This is a pro-rated temporary full-time position (30 hours per week/0.8FTE) for one year.
If you are passionate about working with an organization which is committed to the growth of Canada’s diverse theatre community then we want to hear from you. We are based in Toronto but in these extraordinary times we are working remotely and maintaining our relationship as a team via online platforms. For this reason, applicants from across Canada are encouraged to apply.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
- Works with the Executive Director to establish annual budget projections and to conduct monthly assessments of those projections.
- Works with Executive Director to prepare all necessary statistics and budgets for grant applications and maintains all funding files (re. CADAC).
- Preparing of, and responsibility for the accuracy of, the financial records and reports, including all internal statements and government reporting (e.g. Source Deductions, HST, T3010 etc).
- Payroll administration for all employees and contractors (including annual T4/T4A filing and ROE preparation), including administration of PACT’s employee benefit program
- All day to day bookkeeping functions including: accounts receivable, payable, general journal entries, bank deposits, monthly reconciliation etc.
- Pre-audit preparation and work with the company auditors for the year-end statements
- Administration of accounts with banks, insurance companies, and other outside professionals as required, including the investment of funds.
- Liaises with PACT’s Finance Committee.
- Liaises with building management in relation to PACT office decisions (repairs, maintenance and health and safety) and IT consultants re. network systems.
- Acts as primary administrator of board meetings, including coordinating meeting logistics, board package preparations, completing minute-taking and distribution, and processing expense claims.
- Ensures compliance with ESA, MLTSD, and other federal and provincial legislative bodies.
- Works in partnership with PACT staff to meet commitments to our membership.
- Maintains PACT staff vacation, lieu and sick time records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in office administration at a mid-senior level, ideally in a non-profit environment. Experience with a performing arts organization or at a professional theatre company is an asset.
- Completion of University/College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training in business administration or accounting or bookkeeping.
- Understanding of employment standards legislation and employer requirements including but not limited to ESA, MLTSD, and other compliance matters.
- Experience in a bookkeeping or equivalent financial administrative role and use of computerized bookkeeping systems (QuickBooks and/or Sage).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Dependable and reliable with an ability to work well with a variety of people.
- Commitment to ensuring the success of the Professional Association of Canadian theatres through careful and accountable financial management, and timely customer service for our members.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email a résumé with a cover letter in a single pdf to Tabitha Keast, HR Specialist, at [email protected] with ‘Business Manager’ in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is the end of day (11:59PM EST) on Monday January 18th, 2021.
COMPENSATION: This is a pro-rated temporary full-time position (30 hours per week/0.8FTE) for one year with an annual pro-rated salary range of $34,400 to $40,000, depending on experience. Benefits include enrollment in our group health and dental plan, paid vacation time, and paid sick days.
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres is a member-driven organization of professional Canadian theatres. For the betterment of Canadian theatre, PACT provides leadership, national representation and a variety of programs and practical assistance to member companies, enabling members to do their own creative work. For more information visit www.pact.ca
PACT has prioritized creating and maintaining an environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. We value diversity in our workforce and we invite applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process then please do not hesitate to make a request.