A virtual, hands-on workshop series for people interested in writing quality scripts for young audiences. All levels and all writers welcome!
All workshops are scheduled for Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Weekly sessions start January 7 and run through to May 6.
Registrants may participate in as many scheduled workshops as they wish!
Registration fee: $50.00
To register & for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 7 & 14 – “The Idea Factory” with Conni Massing and Tracy Carroll
Finding and fleshing out script and story ideas that will appeal to young
- January 21 & 28 – “Making the Most of the Monkey Mind” with Beth
Exploding your script and story ideas and transforming them into
characters, monologues, and scenes.
- February 4 & 11 – “Under Construction” with Stephen Heatley
Script development from idea to full draft. (Note: Script development is
akin to a playwright circle and runs in conjunction with the instructional
workshops. Registration requires a commitment to participate in all
“Under Construction” workshops while writing a script appropriate for
- February 18 & 25 – “Characters Alive and Kicking” with Heather Inglis
Fleshing out your characters with strong backstories and voice.
- March 4 – “Under Construction” with Stephen Heatley
- March 11 & 18 – “Writing Your Bones” with Josh Languedoc
Finding and tapping into your own voice and story to reach young
- March 25 – “Under Construction” with Stephen Heatley
- April 1 & 8 – “Heavy by Mighty: Issue-Based Plays for Young People” with
Creating issue-based plays for young people that are authentic and
- April 15 & 22 – “The Well-Crafted Play” with Clem Martini
Honing and polishing your script until it shines.
- April 29 & May 6 – “Under Construction” with Stephen Heatley
Note: “Under Construction” has limited seats and requires a commitment to attend all six sessions and be working on a script.