BAILEY THEATRE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
The Bailey Theatre is seeking a can-do individual to join the team of volunteers, operational board and staff at the Bailey Theatre in Camrose Alberta. The historical theatre was built in 1911.The Bailey is entering into our 10th year as a thriving venue for outstanding entertainment and place for special community events.
COVID has given us time at the Bailey Theatre Society to rethink how we operate. We are looking for a dynamic individual to help implement our new strategic plan and move the theatre forward. This new position would be ideal for an apprentice, a new graduate, or someone changing careers. The position will start in the new year. We can’t guarantee what the future will be but NOW is the right time for a new person to join us and add legs to our operational team.
Desired personal attributes
- Willing to learn
- Eager to be a team member
- Interested in performing arts
- Has a positive attitude, and handles change well
- Customer focused
- Works independently
Required skills/tasks required to support the operation
- Basic book keeping skills- Quick Books
- Excellent computer skills
- Records management skills
- Process daily revenues and expenditures
- Manage the phone, messages and mail
- Event booking and coordination
- Assist with preparing for events
- Oversee hospitality scheduling, inventory and purchases
- Assist with advertising and promotion, has social media savvy
- Assist with fundraising and raffles
- Answer rental and other venue inquiries
- Do what needs to be done to operate a community theatre
- Support for the Operations Coordinator
Reporting to the Bailey Theatre Society Executive the operations coordinator will work closely with a designate from the Bailey Executive. The operations coordinator will oversee the day to day operations of the theatre and will be the “go-to” person for the public and staff, including part time production coordinator and part time technical and hospitality staff, the venue janitor, and the volunteers. The Bailey is committed to providing the required orientation and training to support the successful candidate.
This will be a full-time position with flex hours depending upon the Bailey opening and schedule. Please include your wage expectations in the letter. We appreciate all applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes should be submitted by 4 pm November 30, 2020 to Bailey Executive at the Bailey Theatre 5041- 50 street Camrose, Alberta T4V 1R3 or by email to [email protected].