The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time FRONT OF HOUSE CAPTAIN.
The House Captain is an integral part of the Citadel Front of House team. The successful candidate will work with the Front of House Supervisor to coordinate front of house activities, ensuring the highest level of patron experience. The House Captain must be ready to take a proactive role in maintaining a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Reporting to the Director of Patron Experience, and working under the direction of Front of House Supervisors, House Captains:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient seating and departure of the public at performances and events.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to theatre and safety rules.
- Establish positive and nurturing relationships with our volunteers; oversee ushers – train, and ensure they are properly located per shift.
- Other duties as requested.
- Frequent availability to work flexible hours on weekends and evenings (some weekday availability would be an asset).
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
This is a casual, part-time paid position. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter with availability by November 22, 2020 to: [email protected]
Applications without indicated availability will not be considered.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.