Admin & Marketing Coordinator (Full-time)
Quest Theatre is searching for a full-time arts administrator & marketer to join our small team in 2021. The successful candidate will support many aspects of the organization, particularly in the areas of:
- Customer Service
- Administration, documentation & research
- Sales & Marketing
- Event Planning and Execution
- Intern & Volunteer Management
- Customer Service
- Managing incoming and outgoing communications for the organisation
- Maintaining relationships with key patrons & stakeholders
- Administrative tasks as required to support Director of Business Operations, Artistic Director, Program Coordinators, Board and other team members.
Tasks may include:
- Maintain and create lists/documents/spreadsheets to help in the everyday operation of Quest Theatre, including being the primary user of our customer relationship management system and maintaining confidential and statistical records for all activities.
- Maintain an orderly archive and filing system
- Support statistical and financial reporting requirements of the organisation
- Provide administrative support for programming as required
- Coordinate team meetings and training activities as required
- Manage Quest Theatre’s fleet of vehicles
- Problem solve, research solutions and make recommendations on areas of need for the organisation
- Sales & Marketing
- Manage Quest Theatre’s various marketing messages and channels such as phone and direct mail campaigns, advertising, networking, conferences and events.
- Manage Quest Theatre’s online strategy including website, email marketing, social media, online event postings/listings, SEO and traffic analysis.
- Grow Quest Theatre’s database, increase sales and registrations and brand awareness Contribute to PR activities such as news releases, press conferences, media interviews and broadcasts
- Event Participation & Planning for various events through the season
- Attend events and meetings on behalf of Quest Theatre
- Assist in the planning and execution of Quest Theatre events
- Fundraising assistance
- Find and gather in-kind donations
- Research potential grants, donors, funders and sponsors
- Assist in the creation of sponsorship and donor packages and reports
- Individual donor campaign planning and execution
- Ensure that supporters are recognised in accordance with agreements and thanked when appropriate
- Manage Interns & Volunteers
- Identify tasks and projects for Quest Theatre interns and volunteers
- Train, delegate, mentor and supervise interns
- Keep the website and Propellus/Volunteer Connect up to date with current volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain volunteer database to have ready access to volunteers as needed
- Interview new volunteers
- Volunteer communications
- Sending information about upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Scheduling volunteers
- Providing information and training to volunteers
- Thanking volunteers
The ideal candidate…
You are an extremely organised, well connected, theatre loving, tech savvy gogetter who isn’t afraid to jump in and move our organisation forward. Your attitude in this time of uncertainty is to embrace the chaos and look for possibilities and opportunities, all with an eye to advancing Quest’s mission and being strategic. You can problem solve like nobody’s business, whip up a whimsical and intelligent Instagram story and know all the hashtags to drive engagement and reach. An arts administration nerd at heart with a head for numbers, you have the training and/or experience to show it. You have a post secondary education or equivalent experience (which may include volunteering) in administration/business, marketing, fundraising, event planning, volunteer and/or stage management. Experience with Microsoft Office is a must and familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom, Canva & Theatre Manager would be advantageous. You are a team player, a clear communicator and a people person who loves to network. You are committed to ensuring that our organisation embraces its value statements, is sustainable and grounded in ongoing work in the areas of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility. Experience of working in a charitable arts organisation and/or theatre would be a considerable asset.
Security check (paid by Quest Theatre) is a requirement. A valid driver’s license and comfort driving our small fleet of touring vans would be preferred.
Anticipated start date January 4, 2021 for a 1 year term. Full-time hours based on 40 hours a week, at $18-20/hour (based on experience and pending funding support). This employment role is largely Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, but may require some weekend and evening hours (equivalent time off would be given during the week). There is room for flexible working hours to accommodate other commitments such as caregiving and/or artistic pursuits. We have an office at cSPACE King Edward, and remote homeworking is also an option. A laptop and IT support will be provided regardless of location. Benefits include a health allowance, bring your own device allowance, vacation time, and additional paid time off between Christmas and New Year.
Please email a resume and cover letter by Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 4pm to Peita Luti at [email protected] to be considered for an interview. Please use Admin & Marketing Coordinator Application in the email subject line. We respectfully invite and encourage (but do not require) candidates to let us know in their cover letter if they belong to one or more equity-seeking groups such as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis and/or Inuit), Black, People of Color, LGBTQ2SIA+, newcomers to Canada, those living with disabilities and/or caregivers. We would be happy to discuss accommodating your specific access and other needs. We thank all those who apply, and regret that we will only be able to contact those shortlisted for the role.
We anticipate online interviews to be scheduled the week of Dec 14, 2020.
About Quest Theatre
Quest Theatre is located at cSPACE King Edward, 1721 29 Avenue S.W. Calgary, Alberta in Suite #325. Please visit www.questtheatre.org for more information on the organisation. For over 35 years Quest Theatre has nurtured young people through exceptional adventures in theatre, creating intelligent and whimsical work that encourages young people to explore who they are, discover what is important, and build the kind of world they want to live in. We do theatre WITH young people and FOR young people with the knowledge that exposure to the arts is vital for their personal growth, character development, and sense of belonging in society.
This position is made possible thanks to funding from Quest Theatre’s operational funders, Calgary Arts Development, Alberta Foundation for the Arts and Canada Council for the Arts.