AUDITIONS FOR A Christmas Carol (A Radio Play)
By Philip Grecian
Directed by Sean Anderson
Presented Online and at the Pumphouse Theatre Dec 11 – 19, 2020
For more information (including character descriptions), or to book an audition, visit www.morpheustheatre.ca, call 403-246-2999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s Christmas family production is the classic story of A Christmas Carol, told as a radio drama onstage, complete with live sound effects and music cues. A cast of 11 performers will take on the role of nearly 50 characters.
Submission deadline is Monday November 2, 2020 (12:00 Noon)
- Auditioners are asked to prepare a Self-Tape audition from one of the sides here: https://www.morpheustheatre.ca/?page_id=672
- Audition tapes should highlight your ability to clearly voice multiple characters.
- Auditioners may be requested to attend an online callback to read with other performers.
- Please provide an acting resume and headshot with your audition form.
- Performers will participate in the creation of the sound effects live on stage. Auditioners are encouraged to let us know if you play a musical instrument.
Callbacks will take place on Wednesday November 4th from 7:00 to 10:00pm, on Zoom. Invites will be sent out Tuesday evening.
Rehearsals will take place from November 8th through December 10th. Rehearsals will be Sunday afternoons, Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Morpheus Theatre requires that auditioners come prepared to commit to the rehearsal and performance schedule.
Rehearsal and Performance Requirements:
- The first two weeks of rehearsals will take place online.
- The second two weeks will take place at the Morpheus Rehearsal Centre in Parkdale.
- Cast members, the director and stage manager will form a performance cohort.
- Members of the cohort will be asked to commit to being part of only this cohort during the time of the rehearsals and performances, other than your family, work and/or school cohort. Specifically, there should be no other in-person extracurricular activities.
- Production team members will remain masked when meeting in-person.
- Performances will take place live and in-person at the Pumphouse Theatres.
- As a Radio Play, performers will have a script on stage, and do not need to be off-book.
- Morpheus Theatre is a volunteer theatre company.
Individuals of all genders, ethnicities, and abilities are encouraged to audition. All performers should be over the age of 16 and able to play/voice multiple characters.