About the Project:
Typecast Anonymous Productions Inc. and Infinite Imaginations Traveling Theatre are seeking submissions for their upcoming one act play, Where or When. Where or When is a show about a rural farm family in the 1940’s who are trying to survive the hardships of farm life and also experience life outside of the farm itself.
- Due to the ongoing global pandemic the audition process will be both in person (with social distancing guidelines) and also have the option of video submissions.
- This show is a long-term project with the opportunity for payment dependant on the length of the run due to the pandemic.
- Rehearsals will begin in November, date tbd.
Roles to Be Cast:
- Frank Miller: Early to late 20’s. Frank is the son of two lifelong farmers. He struggles under the weight of his father’s death and the responsibility that is placed onto him.
- Isla Celio: Early to late 20’s. Isla hasn’t seen the Miller family in five years after moving to the city to chase her dream.
- Ma Miller: Early to mid 60’s. Frank’s mother, she is the figurehead of the Miller household who is struggling to deal with the recent death of her husband.
For Video Auditions:
Please send your resume and headshot with a monologue no longer than three minutes to: email@example.com The deadline to submit is October 9th at 11am.
The in-person auditions will take place on October 1st in Camrose (Taking place at the Chuck McLean Arts Centre (4809 52 St, Camrose AB T4V 1T9)), and October 8th in the Edmonton/Sherwood Park area (Location TBA) from 7:30-9:30 each night. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/headshot and preferred time slot. The time slots are 20 minutes in length and will include a physical warmup, a prepared monologue (No longer than three minutes) and a cold read.
Our Team’s Response to Covid 19:
We are committed to bringing theatre back stronger than ever. However, our number one goal is safety of our actors and production team. All of the in-person auditions will be socially distanced and follow AHS guidelines.