CALL FOR VISUAL ART
CLOSING FOR SUBMISSIONS: September 17, 2020
Vertigo Theatre is seeking visual art to display on signage in our lobby throughout the 20-21 season.The selected artist will:
- Have their work displayed on COVID-related signage throughout Vertigo’s 20-21 season. Potential signage includes social distancing markers, washroom fixtures, and sanitization stations.
- Receive a fee of $500 – should the work be displayed beyond August 2021, the artist will be paid for further use.
- Be credited on Vertigo Theatre’s website and on a sign in the lower lobby.
- Allow Vertigo Theatre to digitally reproduce their work and display on various surfaces (i.e. vinyl signage).
Vertigo Theatre is the only professional theatre company in North America committed to producing plays in the mystery genre. Vertigo Theatre is a family-friendly atmosphere, and submissions will need to be suitable for patrons of all ages. Our 40, 000 square foot facility is located at the base of the Calgary Tower in the heart of downtown Calgary, and has annually welcomed 55, 000 patrons into our venue.
THE VERTIGO GALLERY SPACE WILL REQUIRE:
1 – 5 high quality mystery-themed digital images, which must be able to scale to various sizes and shapes, and will have text superimposed on top.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING AT DEVELOPMENT@VERTIGOTHEATRE.COM:
- A brief artist bio of less than 300 words including place of residence, medium of work, and number of years working as an artist
- A website link, digital portfolio or images of specific pieces being considered with a combined file size 2 MB or less uploaded to email@example.com.
Closing for submissions: September 17, 2020.