Alberta Elementary Teachers, we need your expertise!
Quest Theatre is seeking 8 – 12 teachers of diverse backgrounds to establish a volunteer Teacher Advisory Committee. This committee will provide insights and expertise in our organizations mission to deliver quality arts education, primarily in the form of our Artists in School Residency Program, and our school touring performances.
WE NEED ALBERTA ELEMENTARY TEACHERS ACROSS THE PROVINCE WHO:
- Have experience or are currently teaching students from Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Believe in arts education
- Have the ability to meet 3X a year for 3 hours at a time in the evening
WE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGE THOSE TEACHERS WHO:
- Love theatre
- Bring authentic voices and lived experiences from the perspectives of the following groups:
- Black, Indigenous or a person of color
- Bring authentic voices and lived experiences from the perspectives of the following group, or lived experience of working with young people with the following:
- Special needs
- Socio-economic challenges
- ASD or ADHD
If you have any questions, please contact Artistic Director, Nikki Loach at firstname.lastname@example.org The volunteer Teacher Advisory Committee will have its inaugural meeting on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 5:30pm. Submissions are encouraged any time before this date until positions are filled. https://www.questtheatre.org/teacher-advisory-committee