NATIONAL CALL (Canada) FOR DRAMATURG
ARTIST IN RESIDENCY – ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The ACWB Artist in Residency program follows the traditional residency model, in which non-local or local professional artists spend time creating work inspired by the environment, culture and people of Wood Buffalo.
This iteration sees Carla White engaging as the Fall 2020 Artist in Residence, and aims to support Carla in developing a script dramatizing the events, demographics, learnings, and community-building that arose out of the 2016 Horse River Wildfire. The project will end in a stage reading of White’s final script.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a paid opportunity. Artist Fee details are outlined below. For this national artist call (Canada), we’re looking for the following:
- A Dramaturg who is comfortable with being in a mentorship role to assist emerging Fort McMurray-based playwright, Carla White from September to December 2020.
- The work will be performed remotely (video calls, etc.), with the Dramaturg answering questions and working in a dramaturgical capacity from inception to completion.
- To assist the playwright with script development over the course of the residency, including (but not limited to) reading script drafts, and offering feedback through meetings and emails.
- Dramaturg must reside in Canada.
- Dramaturg must be available for regular meetings with the playwright (1 – 2 times per week—mutual time to be determined between you both, up to 6 hours a week) from September 2020 to December 2020.
- Dramaturg must have the ability and technology to video call using Zoom or Google Meets platforms.
An all inclusive fee of $2,000.00 (including GST) will be paid to the artist for their time on the project.
The deadline for submissions is September 2, 2020.
Email your submissions to the Artist in Residency Project Coordinator, Geoff Jones at email@example.com, with the following information:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter summarizing:
- Your dramaturgical pedagogy.
- A summary of 1 – 2 most prominent projects on which your role was a Dramaturg.
- An overview of your availability from September to December 2020.
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
For questions or more information, please contact the Artist in Residency Project Coordinator, Geoff Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.