2020 Online Arts Festival Call for Submissions
The Fine Print
Submission Details and Criteria:
- This Juried Online Festival exhibition is an open call to all Visual, Literary and Performing artists in Red Deer and Central Alberta.
- Digital image files for visual art works must be titled according to the completed Application & Declaration Form (attached) and labeled with the Title of the Work, Media, Date, Value for sale (if available for purchase, we are happy to note that), and the Name of the Artist;
- Video files should be named with the piece being performed/read. Works performed should be original works or have received permission from the identified creator; if another’s music is used for dance pieces, please note credit for the performer and songwriters. Facebook Live or similar is not workable
- Video Tutorials should be approximately 10-20 minutes and should be edited and ready to post prior to submission.
- Works should not have previously been exhibited in the Kiwanis Gallery, nor shared elsewhere online or on social media in 2019 or 2020. Works need not be new, but we ask that they were shared online in 2018 or earlier only. If a musical audio track is available for sale online, you may still submit a video performance of that song.
- Jurors will remain anonymous and will judge content on acceptability in a public all-ages forum as well as for quality. There is a special jury for youth entries (up to age 15, inclusive.) Age 16 and up is considered an adult submission.
- Submission may be sent electronically with digital file attachments or for large size files, a link to a functioning downloadable file is acceptable. “We Transfer” is a useful app to send large files without creating an account.
Artist Fee Structure for this festival:
- $50 for the 1st piece, $25 for subsequent pieces to a max of $100 per artist across all genres.
- Kids’ work (up to age 15, inclusive) will receive $25 for one item in gift card format (from a select list.)
- For video tutorials, $50 per video tutorial (approx. 10-20 minutes), $25 for subsequent entries to a maximum payment of $100 per artist.
In your emailed submission, please include:
- Your complete, signed (digital signatures accepted) Application & Declaration Form
- Your images in .JPG or .PNG format and videos in .MOV or .MP4 file types (or similar, be sure it functions and is accessible.) Please name your file with the work title, corresponding to the attached form. You may also mail a USB key with your files to 110-4818 50 Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4N 4A3.
- Your Artist Statement referring to the works (what inspired you), if applicable. (Not required for kids’ submissions.)
- A short Biography detailing your experience (approximately 2-3 sentences.) (Not required for kids’ submissions, but please note age.)
- A list of your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram handles or website addresses so you can be tagged in the post.