JOB POSTING: WEST VILLAGE THEATRE AND GHOST RIVER THEATRE ARE SEEKING TECHNICAL THEATRE SUPPORT FOR SUMMER 2020
West Village Theatre is hiring a Venue Technician.
The main duties of this job will be aiding with fixing the theatre space and assisting with the renovations of the theatre’s floor, venue maintenance (including cleaning and stocking), and helping optimize the theatre’s organization and technical elements. The ideal candidate is:
- self-motivated and reliable to take on organizing, cleaning and making WVT even better!
- familiar with technical equipment (light instruments, speakers, soundboards, etc.)
- capable of physical labour (will be replacing flooring in theatre, and doing venue maintenance tasks such as light fixture cleaning)
Ghost River Theatre is hiring a Production Manager.
The core duties of this position will be to help the company plan the technical aspects of next season while aiding with organizing inventory and storage. The ideal candidate is:
- capable of working independently and with a small team
- organized and self-reliant
- familiar with technical equipment (lights, speakers, costumes, props, etc.)
- experienced in technical direction, production management, and/or stage management
Employment for both positions will begin the week of May 11th, 2020 and run up to 16 weeks (ending August 28, 2020). Selected applicants will work 35 hours per week at $17/hour. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, there is a possibility of employment extending until February 28, 2021. Please note, the positions are dependent on funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
For more information on Ghost River Theatre and its operations, visit their website at www.ghostrivertheatre.com. Information about West Village Theatre can be found online at www.westvillagetheatre.com. Both companies are committed to the health and safety of their employees and will take all necessary measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To apply, please email your relevant resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and why you are a good candidate to Andrew G. Cooper, Administrator at email@example.com. We will be accepting applications until May 4, 2020 or until the positions are filled.