A PRODUCTION OF THE MAGGIE TREE
In association with The Citadel Theatre
THE WOLVES by Sarah DeLappe
A U17 soccer team prepare to face big matches, bigger dreams, and all the little wars waged along the way.
Directed by Vanessa Sabourin
In the Rice Theatre at the Citadel Theatre
Rehearsal starts September 29, 2020
Opening October 29, 2020
Closing November 15, 2020
AUDITIONS IN EDMONTON TBC
Please submit PHOTOS AND RESUMÉS by April 27, 2020 to Artistic Producer for The Maggie Tree, email@example.com
Artists will be engaged under a CAEA contract for an E house and must be able to work locally in Edmonton, Alberta (no travel or accommodation will be provided).
Audition dates and process is currently under consideration due to the Health Safety regulations for COVID-19. More information will be forthcoming and will likely be held in June – in some manner. All those selected to audition will be notified when these details are available. All those who submit will be notified whether or not they secure an audition slot.
AUDITION INFORMATION FROM THE DIRECTOR
This production is a fast-paced, highly physical, ensemble-based production. Soccer experience, or confidence in learning physical skills, is an asset for those auditioning for the team characters. Auditions will include a group physical component as well as short individual scene auditions. The list of characters are below, please indicate if there are any characters you would specifically like to be considered for. Please also indicate if there are any scheduling requirements during the audition dates that you would like us to consider when booking your time.
The Maggie Tree and The Citadel Theatre are committed to inclusive casting and strongly encourage submissions from performers who self-identify as members from under-represented communities. If there are accessibility obstacles (language, disability, work schedule, or any other consideration) preventing you from applying to audition, please let us know and we will work with you to overcome them.
All roles are female/femme.
- #11 Midfield. Brainy, morbid, budding elitist, thoughtful. Seventeen.
- #25 Defence, Captain. Classic (ex)coach’s daughter. Seventeen.
- #13 Midfield. Stoner, older pot dealer brother, into her wackiness. Sixteen.
- #46 Bench. New girl. Awkward, different, just wants to fit in. Sixteen.
- #2 Defence. Innocent, unlucky, kind, skinny. Sixteen.
- #7 Striker. Too cool for school. Sarcastic, “fuck”, thick eyeliner. Almost seventeen.
- #14 Midfield. #7’s insecure sidekick. Just switched to contacts. Sixteen.
- #8 Defence. Plays dumber than she is. Sixteen.
- #00 Goalie. Intense performance anxiety, perfectionist, high achiever. Seventeen.
- SOCCER MOM – Mother to #14
Each scene is a warm-up for a game. The warm-up is a series of exactly timed stretches
and exercises: squats, jumping jacks, quads, hamstrings, butterfly, etc. The team executes
it wordlessly, in perfect unison and with military precision.
Over the course of the play, #46 learns the warm-up.