Rapid Fire Theatre seeks an enthusiastic, proven leader in arts administration to join our organization as the next General Manager.
ABOUT RAPID FIRE THEATRE
Rapid Fire Theatre (RFT) is Edmonton’s longest-running improv comedy company; producing a minimum of four weekly shows in Edmonton, as well as corporate and festival touring abroad. We produce a number of annual festivals, including Improvaganza, one of the most sought-after improv festivals in the world, and the Wildfire Teen Improv Festival. Rapid Fire Theatre is a non-profit organization; its mandate is to raise the profile of improvisation as an art form in Edmonton, and beyond.
RFT is currently a tenant in the Citadel Theatre in downtown Edmonton. We are engaged in a project to secure a more permanent home for our programming. This project will be managed by another staff member, who is accountable to the General Manager.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The General Manager (GM) functions with authority from the Board of Directors to be the Chief Executive Officer of Rapid Fire Theatre. The GM is responsible for the business operations of our wonderfully unique business. Responsibilities include day-to-day operations such as Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Patron Services, Fundraising & Sponsorship, Government Liaison, Marketing & Sales, and Contract Negotiations. The GM will either handle these responsibilities directly, or empower team members to do so. The GM has equal authority as the Artistic Director, both of whom are directly accountable to the Board of Directors. The people currently accountable to the GM include the Director of Finance, Front of House Manager, Front of House Volunteers, Marketing Director and Social Media Coordinator.
Work Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (relocation assistance available)
Compensation: $45,000 – $50,000 per annum
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Application Deadline: We will accept applications until we have found a successful candidate. Apply now to ensure your application is considered.
Through positive and empowering leadership, the GM will promote and execute RFT’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
Develop the administrative procedures, human resources and tools for effective day to day operations.
Manage and monitor all finances, budgets and accounts. Create revenue targets and implement strategies to meet those targets through fundraising, grants, registrations, box office revenue and marketing.
Identify and apply for government funding opportunities.
Fundraising & Sponsorship
Develop, coordinate and maintain all fundraising and sponsorship strategies and programs.
Maintain the systems and human resources for a successful box office and front-of-house
Negotiate and enter into all necessary agreements and contracts on behalf of RFT.
Coordinate all administrative support for special events including festivals and out of town visitors.
- 5+ years relevant management experience in theatre or arts administration
- 5+ years of experience with managing full cycle accounting and budgeting
- Experience managing marketing and communications
- Experience preparing grant applications and all required government correspondence
- Experience in audience development
- Experience in sponsor development
DO YOU HAVE?
- A “Yes, and” leadership style that empowers team members
- Strong, proven ability to manage, mentor and foster growth in stakeholders
- An understanding and appreciation of improv as an art-form
- A sense of humour
- An appreciation for fostering improv values in the workplace including Collaboration & Consensus Building, Listening, Acceptance, Positivity, Risk-taking and Happy Failure
- A passion for fostering an equitable work environment and an empathetic attitude to stakeholders from all walks of life.
- Patience, compassion and objectivity in stressful situations
- Very strong organizational skills, including balancing multiple responsibilities and effectively meeting deadlines
- Excellent technical skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google Suite, Sage, Slack, WordPress and a willingness to learn new approaches and tools
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Adaptability to a changing work environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Adaptability to changing work hours throughout the year
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a letter of interest and resume by email to Amir Reshef, Board President email@example.com.
Rapid Fire Theatre is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community on our stages, in our classrooms, and in our leadership. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.