Broadway Bound is an Alberta Registered Society based in Edmonton. We provide opportunities for youth, teens and adult male and female singers, dancers, actors, to work with professional staff and perform in full length Broadway Musicals and Broadway Musical Revues.
We produce 2 major shows each season in a professional theatre as well as various shows in smaller venues as fund raisers, special events, live entertainment, etc.
Musical Theatre Director Responsibilities
- Study chosen Broadway Musical script and music
- Participate in musical theatre auditions
- Assist in selection of individuals best suited to each role
- Attend rehearsals and teach music (including harmonies) to the cast
- Lead regular warm-ups with the cast before rehearsals and performances
- Work closely with the Artistic Director/Choreographer
- College degree in music or musical theatre is preferred
- Training in voice and acting
- Proficient at sight-reading music and ability to play piano and keyboard
- Able to write music (would be an asset)
- An artistic flare and ability to work with youth, teens and adults is essential
Hourly rate: $35-$37/hour
The deadline to apply is August 9, 2020. Please provide a cover letter, resume and head-shot and email to: [email protected] Auditions will be held at the Ruth Carse Centre, 11205 107 Avenue, Edmonton – Friday 14 August (5-9pm).
- CASTING AUDITIONS – Will be scheduled at the Ruth Carse Centre, 11205 107 Avenue, Edmonton, – Sunday 16 August 12 – 5 pm. – Friday 21 August, 6 – 9 pm and Sunday 23 August 12 – 5 pm. (Sunday 23 August auditions will include dance/movement section).
- SHOW REHEARSALS – are held at the Ruth Carse Centre, 11205 107 Avenue, Edmonton – Fridays 6 – 9 pm (approx. – Sundays 1 – 5 pm (approx.) commencing Friday, August 28.
- Q2Q & PERFORMANCES – to be held at the Westbury Theatre, Edmonton commencing Thursday 3 December 2020.
For more information or to apply, email [email protected].