THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. WILL ADVISE WHEN IT’S RESCHEDULED.
Community discussion on Arts activism and resilience in the context of the Alberta government’s austerity program.
About this Event
This is a collaborative event hosted by the Professional Arts Coalition of Edmonton, Alberta Arts Matter Coalition and Reboot Alberta.
- 7:00 PM Unpacking the Arts funding cuts in the provincial budgets of October 24, 2019, and February 27, 2020. (15 minutes)
- 7:30 PM Practical strategies and effective tactics in organizing citizen engagement
- 8:00 PM (15 minute break)
- 8:15 PM Breakout Session for attendees – sharing experience and concerns
- Breakout groups – 30 minutes
- Full assembly – 15 minutes
- 9:00 PM Closing remarks. Ways forward. Call to Action.
Snacks and Refreshments provided.
Admission is Free (although a hat will be passed to help with costs)
The room holds around 200, so register early.
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/strategies-for-the-future-advocacy-for-alberta-arts-tickets-98664988637
Date And Time
Mon, 23 March 2020
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM MDT
10909 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2K4