Alberta Musical Theatre Company is currently seeking a temporary, part-time Fund Development Coordinator.
About the Company: Alberta Musical Theatre Company (formerly Alberta Opera Touring Association) is an award-winning musical theatre touring company now in its 36th year of operation. Its purpose is to create and produce original musical theatre adaptations of fairy tales, folk lore and classic literature that provide meaningful and educational experiences to young audiences.
About the Position: The company is seeking a passionate and experienced Fund Development Coordinator to assist us in growing our donor and sponsor base. The specific objective in creating this role is to have someone in our organization whose sole responsibility is revenue advancement.
- Develop a suitable fundraising program to increase, diversify, and strengthen AMTC’s existing revenue streams. This includes, but is not limited to, developing sponsorship packages, implementing asks, and monitoring reporting requirements.
- Conduct research on potential funding sources, such as government, foundations, community, and corporate grants
- Engage the Board of Directors in actively supporting fundraising
- Identify and develop new sources of revenue
- Develop, implement, and cultivate a donor stewardship program
- Develop, implement, and cultivate a donor retention program
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to the general goal of increasing revenue, the Fund Development Coordinator will specifically create and implement policies and initiatives that can be subsequently implemented by AMTC staff on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and lead with positivity, while and managing multiple deadlines and demands
- Strong networking and social skills
- Outstanding customer service and stewardship capabilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, an asset
- Knowledge of the guidelines for charities from the Canada Revenue Agency is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
This is a part-time contract with flexible hours. Compensation is $25/Hour up to 20 Hours/Week.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume by March 20, 2020 to:
General Manager, Mackenzie Reurink, at email@example.com