ORGANIZATION AND DESCRIPTION:
- Prepare and submit grants and reports.
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities available to the organization to achieve annual financial goals, including
- private foundations, donor campaigns, corporate sponsorship through a development program.
- Work with the Board of Directors and AD to support special fundraising events.
- Ensure proper stewardship of current donors and sponsors
- Work with AD to create community engagement opportunities that build and develop audience and awareness of the organization and its activities.
- Manage and participate in the ongoing operational needs and the legal and financial obligations of the society – report filing, insurance (board, office, and programming), non-profit procedures and office operations (rental agreements, invoices)
- Establish a positive, healthy, safe work environment which honours diversity and people engagement
WORK IN COLLABORATION WITH THE AD TO OVERSEE THE FOLLOWING:
- Create a timely marketing strategy and delineate duties specific to the overall season and to each event (identify target audience & sponsors, ad placement)
- Coordinate and work with graphic designer, website designer & publicist
- Experience in performing arts management or presentation
- Strong budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers
- Experience in grant writing, reporting and fundraising
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plan
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with board, staff and individuals or teams within the
- organization and community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of BC Society’s Act and Charity Law would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle when required
- Experience with and interest in digital business technologies and strategy development