StoryBook Theatre is currently accepting applications for teaching assistants for our summer theatre school programming in our Calgary North, Calgary South, Airdrie, and Cochrane locations. Assistants will support teachers during workshops, stagecraft, drama activities and act as stage manager throughout the rehearsal process and final performances. Duties also include supervising students during breaks, assisting with props/costumes and leading warm-up activities when required.
Assistants will work closely with their class instructors and report directly to the Theatre School Administrator.
Contract Period: July 28 to August 7
Operating Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest in arts education
- Must have a passion for sharing theatre with young artists
- Experience working with children
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team setting
- Basic first aid is an asset
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, March 1, 2020, 8:00pm
Location: Beddington Theatre Arts Centre (375 Bermuda Dr. NW)
Apply electronically by visiting