Alberta Theatre Projects (ATP) is in its 48th Season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary. ATP has a new Executive & Artistic Director who brings a fresh perspective and a compelling vision for the future of our organization.
“We are inventive, contemporary storytellers engaging our world through stirring theatrical experiences.”
Our Mission is to CREATE live theatre by telling relevant stories that reflect our community, to DEVELOP the work of Canadian artists to invite a diverse audience, and to EXPLORE intimate and immersive experiences in our home, the Martha Cohen Theatre.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
The 2019-2020 Season includes 6 contemporary plays – the hilarious comedy The Wedding Party, Pulitzer-Prize winning contemporary drama Disgraced, classic family adventure The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, international sensation Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story, Ovation Award winner Actually, and a heart-warming love letter to the Alberta rodeo life – Cowgirl Up!
ABOUT THE POSITION
ATP is looking for a team oriented individual to fill the role of Head of Sound. Reporting to the Technical Director and the Production Manager, this is a full time position commencing Mid-March 2020.
Working conditions, wages, and benefits for this role are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between IATSE Local 212 and Alberta Theatre Projects.
• Coordination of all sound department activities
• Set-up and operation of all sound equipment
• Running audio during shows and rehearsals
• Mixing audio for live musicals and concerts
• Recording preshow chats and effects as required
• Occasionally running of projection for productions
• Maintenance of sound and projection equipment
• Other duties as required
• A minimum of 3 year’s experience in professional theatre
• Experience running playback for live theatre
• Experience mixing live musicals and concerts
• Experience with Q-Lab digital editing software
• Experience trouble-shooting audio systems
• Experience with video projections
• Experience with Digico SD Audio Consoles & Dolby Lake Processors
• Experience with wireless microphones, specifically for theatre.
• Team player with a good general knowledge of all aspects of theatre and live performance
This position requires a flexible work schedule due to operational needs of Alberta Theatre Projects and events taking place in the Martha Cohen Theatre, including frequent evening, weekend, and holiday work.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and a list of three references in confidence to Eugenio Sáenz Flores, at [email protected] by Monday, February 10, at 9:00 a.m.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.