The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a part-time Box Office Patron Services Representative (PSR). If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced atmosphere, are computer and technology savvy, and enjoy a flexible work schedule then this position is for you!
Reporting to the Patron Relations Manager, the PSR is an integral part of the Citadel team. The successful candidate will work in a fun and fast-paced atmosphere, selling tickets, packages, classes and merchandise. The PSR must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Providing excellent customer service to all guests in the Citadel Theatre: quick, friendly, and showing a thorough knowledge of the company, events, and building.
- Using Theatre Manager to sell and exchange tickets, register FTS classes, and provide administrative support to the rest of the company.
- Assisting Box Office supervisors and management with all aspects of Season Tickets. This may include selling, processing, or changing packages, as well as contacting the patrons or filing the forms.
- Counting floats, restocking brochures, ensuring the work area is clean and organized, printing and mailing tickets, maintaining the database of patrons and other administrative support for Guest Services.
- Support the FOH and Bar teams in their needs prior to a show.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, while providing outstanding customer service in a consistently courteous manner
- Positive sales-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to handle cash and credit card transactions with integrity
- Knowledge of Theatre Manager is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is an asset
- Weekend and evening availability is required
Please email your cover letter with availability (applications without indicated availability will not be considered) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until January 20, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.