The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR.
The Front of House Supervisor is an integral part of the Citadel team. The successful candidate will coordinate front of house activities, ensuring the highest level of patron experience. The Front of House Supervisor must be ready to take a proactive leadership role in maintaining a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Front of House Operations and Assistant House Manager, Front of House Supervisors:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient seating (and orderly departure) of the public at performances and events.
- Ensure the highest possible level of customer service from all Front of House staff and volunteers.
- Establish positive and nurturing relationships with our volunteers; oversee ushers – schedule, train, and ensure they are properly located per shift.
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
- Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission.
- Ensure the safety of theatre patrons while inside the building or on theatre grounds; maintain a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations, and make all staff aware of these regulations and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations.
- Regulate the entry of latecomers and control disruptive patrons; and ensure the return of all patrons after intermission.
- Prepare daily reports: show reports, sales reports and ticket stub count.
- Lead guided tours through the backstage areas.
- Other duties as requested.
- Available to work flexible hours and must be available weekends and evenings. This position will have mainly weekend and evening hours but some daytime availability is an asset.
- 2 to 3 years of customer service experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Leadership skills
This is a casual, part-time paid position. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Please email your cover letter with availability (applications without indicated availability will not be considered) and resume to: [email protected]
Posting will remain open until January 20, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.