Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre is looking for a Stage Manager for its production of The Wizard of Oz which runs from May 22 to 24, 2020.
Show Dates: May 22 to 24, 2020
• Consult with the Production Manager on the selection of Assistant Stage Manager(s), if required
• Attend at all production meetings
• Prepare all lists and forms for distribution to the cast and crew in collaboration with the Production Manager
• Distribute scripts and vocal scores to the cast and crew in collaboration with the Production Manager
• Prepare a list of excused cast absences pre-approved by the Director and Music Director and distribute this list to the Production Manager, Director, and Music Director
• Prepare the green room areas
• Develop a rehearsal schedule in collaboration with the Production Manager, Director, and Musical Director
• Act as the contact for cast members who will be absent from rehearsals and communicate these absences to the Director, Music Director, and Choreographer
• Keep attendance and sign cast members and crew in and out of rehearsals
• Responsible for the smooth running of rehearsals
• Ensure rehearsal props are available
• Ensure rehearsal space is safe and useable
• Tape out the set on the rehearsal floor as required
• Maintain a neat, orderly, and easily understandable prompt book
• Note start time, break time, and finish time of rehearsals
• Take notes for blocking, missed, lines, entrances, and exits
• Prepare and distribute daily production notes
• Organize cue to cue and all technical rehearsals
• Responsible for calling all cues
• Oversee all backstage activities
• Recruit and coordinate the backstage/running crew with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator
• Ensure the show is running smoothly
• Responsible for maintaining the Director’s vision throughout the run
• Ensure cast and crew arrive on time for performances
• Keep attendance and sign cast members and crew in and out of performances
Health and Safety
• Ensure first aid kit is stocked
• Ensure all actors and crew know where all fire exits and fire extinguishers are located
• Post health and safety information
• Liaise with Front of House Manager, calling fire/ambulance/police in case of emergency
• Responsible for evacuation of actors and crew in case of emergency
• Previous stage management experience an asset
• Knowledge of lighting and sound equipment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
• Calm, respectful and helpful manner under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
Rehearsals: February 9 to May 14, 2020
Sundays 2:00 to 6:00 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Tech Week: May 17 to 21, 2020
Sunday May 17, 2020 – run through – 2:00 to 8:00 p.m.
May 18 to 21, 2020 – tech rehearsals and dress rehearsals – available every evening
Submit your resume and references to our Artistic Director via email at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 8th, 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.