The Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society is looking for a Production Manager for its upcoming production of The Wizard of Oz which runs from May 22 to 24, 2020. The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning and fulfillment of the musical theatre production. They are ultimately responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the production are completed within budget, according to the designer’s and director’s wishes, and in time for the first public performance. The Production Manager acts as a liaison for the production team, designers, cast, crew, and other volunteers.
Show Dates: May 22 to 24, 2020
• Prepare a production budget in collaboration with the Board
• Manage and monitor accurate expenditures and ensures adherence to the production budget in conjunction with the Board Treasurer
• Supervise all production team members and designers
• Communicate consistently with the Board, Artistic Director, Director, Musical Director, Stage Manager, designers, and production team to ensure the production is realized within the constraints of the Society’s schedule and budget
• Collect contact information for all individuals involved in the production and create a contact list for distribution
• Implement a chain of communication for the production team and cast
• Prepare all lists and forms for distribution to the cast and crew in collaboration with the Stage Manager
• Distribute scripts and vocal scores to the cast and crew in collaboration with the Stage Manager
• Develop the production schedule in collaboration with the Artistic Director, Director, Music Director, and Stage Manager and keep track of the schedule to ensure all deadlines are met (i.e. auditions, bios/headshots, fittings/measurements, prop acquisitions, etc.)
• Continuously manage, disseminate, and update the production schedule
• Call and attend at production meetings in advance of the first rehearsal with the entire production team
• Call and attend at production meetings throughout the course of the production, taking notes and following up on tasks as required
• Function as the main point of contact and liaison for any issues that arise for all individuals involved in the production
• Assist the Marketing Coordinator in marketing the production and preparing the program
• Ensure that all bios and headshots are submitted to the program designer by the deadline
• Liaise with the venue with respect to items such as space access, storage, etc.
• Liaise with the Front of House Manager and Volunteer Coordinator, as required
• Attend at load in and set up, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsal, performances, and tear down, as required
• Provide a detailed written report to the Board within one month of closing night
• Exceptional organizational skills and acute attention to detail
• Able to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
• Flexible and able to adapt to changes as they arise
Generally available from January to May 2020
Tech Week: May 17 to 21, 2020:
Sunday May 17, 2020 – run through 2:00 to 8:00 p.m.
May 18 to 21, 2020 – tech rehearsals and dress rehearsals – available every evening
Submit your resume and references to our Artistic Director via email at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 8th, 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.