Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society is looking for a Costume Designer/Lead Seamstress & Wardrober for our production of The Wizard of Oz which runs from May 22 to 24, 2020.
Show Dates: May 22 to 24, 2020
• Collaborate with the Director on establishing a costume design
• Collaborate with the Director, Set Designer, and Lighting Designer on establishing a colour palette
• Create a costume plot
• Present design concept at rehearsal in collaboration with the Director
• Take measurements of all cast members
• Buy, rent, or borrow costumes and accessories (shoes, hats, gloves, jewelry, purses, etc.), within the production budget and in consultation with the Production Manager
• Sew costumes as required
• Recruit and coordinate additional seamstresses/seamsters to sew costumes with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator
• Supervise the seamstresses/seamsters
• Attend production meetings, as required
• Supply rehearsal costumes
• Attend at rehearsals, as required
• Coordinate a costume parade in consultation with the Production Manager and Director
• Attend at dress rehearsal
• Recruit and coordinate dressers for costume changes with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator
• Supervise dressers
• Make arrangements for costume repairs and cleaning during the run
• Arrange for cleaning and returns of any rented or borrowed costumes or accessories
• Work within a budget
• Strong visual sense
• Ability to draw
• Knowledge of clothing styles and history
• Strong sewing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
• Willingness to work with a number of people with a range of ages, experiences, and abilities
• Enthusiasm for the project
January to May 2020
Tech Week: May 17 to 21, 2020
Sunday May 17, 2020 – run through 2:00 to 8:00 p.m.
May 18 to 21, 2020 – tech rehearsals and dress rehearsals – available every evening
Submit your resume and references to our Artistic Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 8th, 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.