WALTERDALE’S SEASON 2020-21: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Walterdale Theatre Associates supports theatre artists at all ages and in all stages of their practice. To that end we encourage aspiring and experienced directors to submit a show “pitch” for the 2020-2021 season.
What kinds of shows are we looking for?
Walterdale must meet the needs of our diverse and engaged membership and audience. The season must collectively entertain, encourage & challenge.
Possible options to consider (but not limited to):
- A full-length Canadian script.
- A musical.
- Plays which explore and develop understanding of the many cultures and world views resident in Alberta today.
- Plays with good roles for both men & women (with a variety of ages )
- Dramas, Comedies, Thrillers, Classics, etc…
- A variety of topics and issues that many different people can relate to or learn from.
Applying directors are permitted to submit a maximum of 2 contrasting pieces for consideration for the season. Preference may be given to directors who did not direct a production in the most recent season. Anyone new to directing, please contact the office at [email protected] to learn about our directorial learning opportunities.
Please submit the following materials:
- A copy of the script (If you submit the original script, it will be returned to you – photocopies will not be).
- A copy of your theatre résumé highlighting your directorial experience both with Walterdale & in other theatrical settings.
- A Directorial Proposal (your concept) – including the following:
- An explanation of why the show would be a good fit for the coming season at Walterdale.
- Casting requirements (Note: this must not include casting considerations. All casts for Walterdale productions must be selected from auditions).
- What Production Team (if any) you would bring with you into the project. Production team members are not required for a submission and can be recruited at a later date with the assistance of Walterdale.
- ANY information that might affect budget (e.g. Chorus size for a musical or size of ensemble in a straight play, desire for period dress, rental of special equipment).
- Recent Production history within the Edmonton area. Please provide information including most recent production(s) in the Edmonton area noting year of production & the company that produced the piece.
Digital Submissions should be sent to:
Paper Submissions should be sent to :
Artistic Director c/o Walterdale Theatre Associates 10322 – 83rd Avenue NW Edmonton, Alberta T6E 5C3
Submissions must be received by January 24, 2020. Late Submissions will not be considered.