Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society is looking for Technical Designer/Lead for its upcoming production of The Wizard of Oz which runs from May 22 to 24, 2020.
Show Dates: May 22 to 24, 2020
• Organize and cost technical needs of the show including sound equipment and lighting equipment
• Manage and direct the technical crew up to the final dress rehearsal
• Collaborate with the Director on establishing a lighting and sound design
• Create a lighting plot, ground, and elevation plan and cue sheets
• Create a sound plot and cue sheets
• Attend at rehearsal and present lighting and sound designs in collaboration with the Director
• Attend at production meetings, as required
• Recruit Lighting and Sound Operator(s) in coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator
• Attend at rehearsals, as required
• Ensure that requisite lighting and sound equipment are available and in working order
• Coordinate the rental of additional lighting and sound equipment within the production budget
• Oversee and assist Lighting and Sound Operators with load-in, set up, technical rehearsals, and dress rehearsal
• Supervise the Lighting and Sound Operator in coordination with the Stage Manager
• Assist lighting and sound operators to ensure lighting and sound equipment are operational prior to performances
• Oversee and assist Lighting and Sound Operators with operation of lighting and sound equipment for performances
• Return any rented or borrowed equipment following the run
• Strong background in technical aspects of production, especially lighting and sound
• Appreciation for the design process
• Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation, policies, and practices
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and supervisory skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
• Interested in working with a number of people with a range of ages, experiences, and abilities
Rehearsals: February 9 to May 14, 2020
Sundays 2:00 to 6:00 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Tech Week: May 17 to 21, 2020
Sunday May 17, 2020 – run through 2:00 to 8:00 p.m.
May 18 to 21, 2020 – tech rehearsals and dress rehearsals – available every evening
Submit your resume and references to our Artistic Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 8th, 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.