Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society is looking for a Set Designer/Lead Builder for our production of The Wizard of Oz which runs from May 22 to 24, 2020.
Show Dates: May 22 to 24, 2020
• Collaborate with the Director on establishing a set design
• Collaborate with the Director, Costume Designer, and Lighting Designer on establishing a colour palette
• Create a maquette (scale model), diagram, or drawings to communicate the final “look” of the set, as required
• Present design concept at rehearsal in collaboration with the Director
• Create a set of accurate drawings for the set builders
• Recruit and coordinate set builders and painters with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator
• Supervise, manage, direct, and assist the builders and painting crew
• Create a set of drawings for the Props/Furnishings Coordinator, as required
• Coordinate props and furnishings with Props/Furnishings Coordinator
• Attend production meetings, as required
• Attend rehearsals, as required
• Supervise and assist with load-in and set-up
• Attend technical rehearsals and dress rehearsal, as required
• Supervise and assist with striking the set following the run
• Work within a budget
• Strong visual sense
• Ability to prepare maquettes, diagrams, or drawings of set design
• Knowledge of architectural styles and history
• Ability to interpret construction plans
• Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation, policies, and practices
• Strong building skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and organizational skills Strong
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
• Willingness to work with a number of people with a range of ages, experiences, and abilities
• Enthusiasm for the project
January to May 2020
Tech Week: May 17 to 21, 2020
Submit your resume and references to our Artistic Director via email at [email protected]. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 8th, 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.