The Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society is looking for a Director for our production of The Wizard of Oz which runs from May 22 to 24, 2020.
Show Dates: May 22 to 24, 2020
- Execute and interpret the artistic and dramatic components of the production
- Develop a rehearsal schedule in collaboration with the Production Manager, Music Director, and Stage Manager
- Attend at auditions and make casting decisions in collaboration with the Artistic Director and Music Director
- Contact auditionees with respect to casting decisions in collaboration with the Artistic Director
- Lead rehearsals
- Communicate the artistic vision to the designers and all other departments
- Attend at all production meetings
- Attend at rehearsals, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and at performances, as required
- Work within a budget
- Clear artistic vision
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of theatre, specifically acting techniques
- Previous directing experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
- Willingness to work with a number of people with a range of ages, experiences, and abilities
- Enthusiasm for the project
Rehearsals: February 9 to May 14, 2020
Sundays 2:00 to 6:00 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Tech Week: May 17 to 21, 2020
Sunday May 17, 2020 – run through 2:00 to 8:00 p.m.
May 18 to 21, 2020 – tech rehearsals and dress rehearsals – available every evening
Submit your resume and references to our Artistic Director via email at [email protected]. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.