The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for an interim Director of Patron Experience. This is a temporary, full-time position starting January 20, 2020 to October 20, 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the interim Director of Patron Experience is an integral part of the Citadel team. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel’s continued success by overseeing the Guest Services department with a focus on managing the bar and merchandise operations, while guaranteeing the highest level of patron experience. This role requires an outgoing, positive individual who is able to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and dynamic environment. The interim Director of Patron Experience must be ready to take a proactive leadership role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Providing excellent leadership to Bar and Merchandise teams, while overseeing the Guest Services Managers and staff.
- Managing the Bar and Merchandise teams with a goal to achieve or exceed sales targets, managing expenditures throughout the fiscal year including forecasting and analyzing labour costs and profit and loss statements; all while providing a high level of customer service.
- Developing and implementing plans to achieve net new revenue targets.
- Strategic Planning, targets, analysis, progress tracking and reporting on the departmental goals
- Providing training, and upholding superior customer service to all guests at the Citadel Theatre
- Working with internal and external clients to ensure smooth operations.
- Working closely with the Executive Director and the Management of other departments to achieve fiscal and patron experience goals for the Citadel Theatre.
- Availability to work evening and weekend shifts as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years managing in the Food and Beverage sector.
- 2-3 years front of house management experience in a large public facility is an asset.
- Proserve certified.
- Highly visible leader with a proven track record to successfully lead a multi service team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner.
- Outstanding customer service and stewardship capabilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and lead with positivity, while and managing multiple deadlines and demands.
- Must be able to work an event based schedule which includes evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter including their salary expectations to Human Resources at [email protected]
Posting will remain open until January 5, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.