Are you interested in fringing all year long? We are looking for a teammate who is passionate about the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival to help support our volunteers, providing them with exceptional service, training, and guidance.
Help us create the perfect Fringe experience! The position is a highly administrative role responsible for implementing volunteer policy, procedure, training, and program to produce the Fringe Festival. Ongoing responsibilities include leading meetings, planning events, executing communication and needs among multiple volunteer teams and staff, recruiting volunteers and processing applications, and managing the volunteer database.
This position reports to the Volunteer Manager and works cross functionally with the various departments, vendors, volunteers, and stakeholders.
Our team rocks, really! Work, and play, every day with amazing colleagues and artists. We provide an ego-free zone where collaboration and creativity are highly valued.
Qualifications, Skills, and Proficiencies Required
Preferred consideration will be given to candidates who have:
- Obtained or are pursuing a college, technical, or university diploma/degree in a field such as
- Human Resources, Communications, Education, or Business and Administration;
- Previous experience leading, coaching, and working with volunteers;
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a team, and is self-driven;
- Demonstrated creativity and grace when problem solving; and
- Experience with Better Impact.
To apply send us your:
- Cover Letter – Tell us why you want to join our team and why you’d be a good fit.
- Resume – Share your past experiences with us.
Evening and weekend hours are required for this position. This position shifts between part-time and full time. Specifically, the hours are as follows:
- 5 hours a week February 3 through February 29, 2020
- 15 hours a week March 1 through April 4, 2020
- 20 hours a week April 5 through May 2, 2020
- 40 hours a week May 3 through August 29, 2020
- 20 hours a week August 30 through October 31, 2020
Applications accepted until January 5, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is hired. Email your application to Drew Delbaere at [email protected].