Marketing and Technical Specialist
Position deadline December 20 2019.
Trickster Theatre is one of Alberta’s largest children’s theatre companies. It produces 35 to 50 week-long artist-in-school residencies per year, runs two popular educational resource websites and is involved in educational research through relationships with school boards, universities and foundations. The company operates throughout Alberta and was founded in 1980.
In our 2019-20 season, Trickster Theatre will be supporting over 35 Alberta communities as they explore various aspects of the Alberta Education curriculum, leadership skills, literacy, and reconciliation. Throughout the year, Trickster will work with schools and communities from Fort Vermilion to Pincher Creek creating original performance pieces.
The Marketing and Technical Specialist will play a key role in the success of our company and our programming. Working in a small team setting, this position is responsible for a variety of tasks. The Marketing and Technical Specialist manages residency sales and is the first point of contact for schools at teachers conventions throughout Alberta, managing their bookings and helping with their funding applications.
In addition, this position will assist the operations team in offering technical and logistical support to the teams of artists delivering our programs. This will include making sure all of our equipment is in top running order, collection of tour statistics for reporting, computer maintenance and troubleshooting as well as general production needs.
- Manage the sales cycle for Trickster Theatre, including attendance at teachers conventions, processing bookings, follow up with schools, and general assistance for schools in their funding applications.
- Create and manage content for Trickster Theatre’s social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our website in support of residency sales.
- Search engine optimization through Google Adwords (SEO).
- Support residency sales through weekly e-blasts and email invites.
- Assist with the management of contact database; working within best practice guidelines.
- General duties as required.
- Assist in the management of all technical equipment and assets including scheduling repairs, general upkeep, and acquisition/tracking of the following:
- Theatre lighting system
- Sound system
– Touring & office computers
– Touring vehicles
– Video equipment
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Experience and education in theatre and/or marketing, or a related field.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to create professional content.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communications practices.
- Knowledge of social media and search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills. Exceptional customer service experience.
- Familiarity with theatre lighting, sound operations.
- Knowledge of MAC computer environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and thrives within a team environment with changing priorities and tasks.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license required;
- Basic vehicle maintenance knowledge and ability to drive with a trailer an asset.
- High interest in making a difference in the lives of children.
- Experience with Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, or similar programs is an asset
- Some experience with photo editing and basic graphic design ability an asset.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS coding language an asset, but not required.
This is a full-time position with a $20 to $22 per hour wage, depending on experience.
The company office is in NW Calgary; North of the Tuscany area (not accessible by transit).
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
The position is available immediately; start date to be negotiated.