The Camrose Performing Arts Centre Management Council is a not-for-profit arts organization that operates the Jeanne & Peter Lougheed Performing Arts Centre, located in Camrose, Alberta on the University of Alberta, Augustana Campus, approximately 80 km south of Edmonton.
The Lougheed Centre is a state of the art facility that opened in the fall of 2014. It is home to 2 venues – the 584 seat Cargill Theatre, and the Mayer Family Community Hall – a 124 seat cabaret space.
The Lougheed Centre is a major arts presenter in the Central Alberta region, presenting between 30-35 events, including major concerts, theatre, dance, comedy, and contemporary circus. The facility also operates as a road house for touring productions/concerts and local rentals of approximately 270 additional event days a year. www.camroselive.ca
The Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator reports directly to the General Manger and works in conjunction with the administration staff. This position will work with a great deal of independence, using their experience and judgement to achieve the marketing goals for the presentation season, maintain strong relationships with local partner business, and meet sponsorship goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual presenting season marketing plan
- Develop a variety of marketing, communication and promotional materials including posters, handbills, banners and displays.
- Coordinate the marketing efforts of the various media sources. (radio, newspaper, etc.)
- Develop an annual season brochure.
- Develop and implement digital and social media marketing tools.
- Monitor corporate social media pages and address patron inquires.
- Maintain the event pages on the Lougheed Centre website and monitor the website as a whole for effective and current content. Work with web developer to implement updates and changes to the website as needed.
- Take the lead on organising and promoting our shows at various events throughout the year.
- Participate in our various regional associations and partner venues to build strong networks and awareness of best practices.
- Coordinate contract journalist creation of material for local print and digital distribution.
- Work within marketing budgets set for each presentation.
- Maintain strong relationships with our sponsors.
- Arrange annual sponsorship meeting with local business partners along with the General Manager.
- Develop new and maintain existing sponsorship retention initiatives, including artistic, community and youth impact materials.
- Coordinate and track deliverables within sponsorship agreements.
- Maintain a sponsorship database in the facility’s development software.
- Develop new and maintain existing sponsorship opportunities to meet the annual sponsorship target.
- Develop promotional materials for the Friends of the Lougheed Centre donations program.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field, or equivalent combined experience and education.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and network positively and effectively with a wide variety of personalities at all levels.
- Experience marketing performing arts events is an asset
- Demonstrate strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with an ability to respond promptly to requests
- Ability to handle repetitive tasks with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- AdWords experience an asset
- Experience using social media marketing campaigns, tactics and analytics (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with graphic design – please submit examples of work (Posters, handbills, ads, etc).
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator or other equivalent software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Terms of Employment
- Full Time – Permanent
- Salaried position – $45,500 – $54,000 per year, commensurate with experience
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension – RRSP matching program
- Desired start date- January 30th, 2020
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include examples of your graphic design work.
Closing Date: 15-Jan-2020
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.