L’UniThéâtre (l’Association franco-albertaine de L’UniThéâtre) is a professional francophone theatre company based in Edmonton, Alberta. Currently in its 27th season, L’UniThéâtre has become a leading cultural institution both provincially and nationally. Located in the heart of Edmonton’s francophone district, L’UniThéâtre creates, produces and presents French-language theatre for local, provincial and national audiences. L’UniThéâtre’s recently renewed mission is to unite French-speaking Albertans through theatre, to contribute to the professional development of artists and to the development of theatre, and to promote theatre across the province.
The Administrative Director and Co-General Manager is a salaried employee who reports to the Board of Directors and supports L’UniThéâtre’s team in carrying out the company’s mission and vision. S/he works in close collaboration with the Artistic Director and Co-General Manager in order to fulfill the company’s mandate and objectives.
The Administrative Director and Co-General Manager manages, plans, supervises, coordinates and evaluates the company’s administrative, human resources, financial operations, financing, marketing and production aspects.
The ideal candidate is an administrator who possesses managerial talents, who has a firm understanding of creating and respecting budgets. S/he has experience with writing grant applications and demonstrates a strong capacity to work as a team and with a board of directors. S/he is also able to work well independently and can work efficiently in a co-management structure. S/he has knowledge and a firm understanding of the Franco-Canadian/Franco-Albertan theatre context and about artistic and cultural development in a Franco-minority context. S/he is also familiar with Edmonton’s global theatre community and has several years of experience (2-5 years) in financial management and is bilingual, possessing excellent abilities in both French and English. S/he must move to Edmonton if s/he does not reside in the Edmonton region.
• Location : Edmonton, Alberta
• Permanent full-time position, after a probationary period
• Salary range : $40,000 $ to $47,000
• The salary will be determined based on experience.
• Benefits and RRSP contributions
• Relocation allowance if applicable (local candidates will be prioritized)
• Start date January 6, 2020 or as soon as possible
SELECTION PROCESS AND INTERVIEWS
• All candidates who fit the criteria of the position will be considered
• L’UniThéâtre will only communicate with those invited for an interview
• The interviews will take place in Edmonton (or virtually by Skype if candidates reside outside of the Edmonton area) from November 18-22, 2019 and will take place in French. Retained candidates will be invited for a second interview occurring between November 23- 26, 2019.
APPLICATION DEADLINE November 11, 2019 (23:59 MST)
HOW TO APPLY Candidates must submit a cover letter and their resume in French to conseild’[email protected] prior to the application deadline
Read more at: https://www.lunitheatre.ca/employment