Alberta’s own Juno nominee, Maren Ord, has written a two-act romantic-comedy musical called, Feather Pen Fairy Tales. It is set in medieval times with such things as silly rulers, undesirable princes and, as the title suggests, fairy tales. We are still on the hunt to fill five more MALE roles (out of thirteen male roles total. The cast and chorus together come to about 30 people).
1. Daniel is a lyrical dancer (16+). He has some lines and NO singing.
2. Franny (16+) is one of three guards who are part of the comic relief. He sings in a quartet, so he MUST be able to sing and act.
3. Prince Robin Romalia (16+) is military-like. He is silent but fearsome. He has a few lines and sings in three songs. He is expected to double as a chorus member/townsperson.
4. Prince Hogswallow of Ghost Haven (16+) is unbecoming and smelly. He has a few lines and sings in three songs. Also expected to double as a chorus member/townsperson.
5. Prince Linus of the Lilies (16+) is flamboyant, good-looking and vain. He has a few lines and sings in three songs. Also expected to double as a chorus member/townsperson.
Production is the last week of February. Rehearsals take place every Saturday morning 9am-noon in Okotoks. Depending on your character, there may also be additional rehearsals on weeknights from 7-10pm.
Please find our facebook page Feather Pen Fairy Tales to view some videos from our most recent workshop (this will allow more insight to the story and music).
For more information, please contact Maren before Nov 1st at: firstname.lastname@example.org